The Palos Verdes Coastal area is graced with some of the most magnificent views in the world. Since it is a peninsula it is surrounded on three sides with water and a large number of waterfront and bluff-top homes. The Palos Verdes Peninsula is also a small mountain and the hillsides are lined with view homes.
A view is a desirable thing to have; it also increases the value of your property. It is impossible to install an ocean view, but I've seen some creative ways to "add a view" to a property. Let's start with the obvious:
1. Trim and prune overgrown shrubs and trees. It is not unusual for a peek-a-boo view to grow into so much more with some artful trimming and pruning. A client once laced several large trees to discover a distant water view.
2. Turn a corner of your backyard into a garden with a fountain, seating area and your own mini resort.
3. Focus all eyes on the pool. Enhance the pool deck with a cabana, potted plants, dramatic lighting and inviting lounge chairs. What's not to love about vacationing at home?
4. Add a piece or two of interesting yard art. An interesting sculpture can transform a ho-hum space into cutting edge chic upon installation.
5. Refresh or start over with new landscaping. In my opinion, landscape architects are undervalued. The right green-scape and hard-scape can change the appearance and appeal of an ordinary house into an unforgettable home. Who needs the ocean to look at when everywhere the eyes turns there is a new delight to discover and enjoy?
Norma Toering & Team RE/MAX Palos Verdes Realty
(310) 493-8333 / Office Phone: (310) 831-0800
PalosVerdesLifestyle - Nominated by Relocation.com as one of the top ten Los Angeles area real estate blogs. Ranked by Technorati in the top 1% of all blogs. As seen in the Daily Breeze newspaper.
South Bay Los Angeles cities I sell real estate, property, houses and homes in: Palos Verdes Estates, Rolling Hills, Rolling Hills Estates, Rancho Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Long Beach, Torrance, Lomita, Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach and Manhattan Beach. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed.
Rolling Hills Homes Blog - Rolling Hills Houses
RH Horse Property - Palos Verdes Blog
Coachella Valley Lots for Sale - View Homes in Rolling Hills
Palos Verdes Coastal Estates - Rolling Hills Homes
Rolling Hills Photographer - Palos Verdes Property Videos