It’s a big decision to purchase a high-end luxury home. Every buyer wants to make an informed and wise choice. Although luxury homes over $2,000,000 are scattered throughout all four cities on the Palos Verdes Peninsula there is no doubt some neighborhoods generate more luxury sales than others.
Buying a home is always based on personal decisions but it is also important to select a location that supports the purchase price and this usually means there are similar “like kind” homes in the immediate area. Just for fun I searched the Palos Verdes home sale statistics for 2011 to discover which neighborhoods topped the luxury home sale list. Here is the big reveal:
Top ranking Palos Verdes Peninsula neighborhoods for luxury home sales in 2011:
1) Rolling Hills topped the list with 14 luxury home sales in 2011.
2) Lunada Bay in Palos Verdes Estates snagged second place with 13 sales over $2,000,000.
3) Monte Malaga in Palos Verdes Estates claimed third place with 12 high-end home sales.
4) Malaga Cove, another Palos Verdes Estates neighborhood, had 11 sales.
5) Palos Verdes Drive West had 9 luxury sales thanks in large part to sales in the Oceanfront development at Hawthorne and PVDW.
- Norma (310) 493-8333 (Photo from my trip to England.)
Search for Palos Verdes Luxury Homes.
PalosVerdesLifestyle- Norma's award winning site as the best Palos Verdes homes and real estate blog since 2007. Selected by Relocation.com as one of the top ten Los Angeles area real estate blogs. Chosen by MovingCost.com as one of the best Los Angeles realty blogs. Awarded 5 out of 5 stars by Lender411 blog review. Ranked by Technorati in the top 1% of all blogs. As seen in the Daily Breeze newspaper.